Beyond Skin are seeking a Part-Time project manager regarding the Youth4Peace programme and strategy in Northern Ireland. Beyond Skin would wish to thank our ArtsDialogue partners and UNOY for the active delivery development work in Northern Ireland to date. A special thanks goes to Shelley Deane & Natali Marquez.
Please visit our Youth4Peace webpage for background information.
Title: Temporary Youth4Peace Project Manager
Purpose: To manage and coordinate the Beyond Skin youth4peace programme
Reporting to: Directly supervised by CEO
Term of contract: Mid August - 31st March 2020 (subject to review, earlier termination or extension in line with business need)
Remuneration: Pro-rata salary of £13,520.00 (20hr week)
Assisting the strategic development and delivery of activities for implementing the UN Resolution 2250 Youth, Peace & Security.
To be the Beyond Skin liaison with our international partners which includes United Network of Young Peacebuilders www.unoy.org
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Define the objectives, resource requirements and work plan for programs, and manage their development and delivery.
2. To ensure that programs are delivered within the financial requirements of the budget.
3. To estimate and plan projects from start to finish, with built in contingencies.
4. To ensure projects meet governance policies and procedures.
5. To ensure good communication is maintained with all staff/participants involved.
6. To manage workshops and related sessions to the program
7. To seek training and support for participants
This above list of job duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
1. Experience of working in partnership or collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders
2. Able to communicate in Spanish (one of the large partnerships is with Escuelas de Paz Colombia)
3. Must be between 18 – 26yrs (This is due to the Youth4Peace and UN Youth target groups and to avail of training opportunities with youth4peace partners.
4. The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
5. Good planning and organisational skills
6. Good written and oral communication skills
7. Knowledge and application of current Information Communication Technologies i.e. Microsoft Office, management information systems and Social Media.
8. Must be willing to travel overseas for training and events. Have a valid passport.
1. Clean driving license
2. Experience of working or volunteering with a non-governmental organization
We would advise applicants to read the UN Resolution 2250 and gather a good understanding of the youth4peace global campaign www.youth4peace.info
Please also read the story of Natali Marquez as her legacy foundation will also form part of the youth4peace programme.
Please send Biog or CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9th August 2019.
interviews will take place at the Beyond Skin office in Belfast. The job post will be based in this office.